THIS PUBLICATION HAS BEEN ARCHIVED.
Whilst this publication can still be purchased some of the information in it has been superseded by more recent research and standards. The BRE Group does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, including - without limitation - indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from use, or loss of use, of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this document.
This guide will help architects and builders understand the energy performance requirements in the 2006 edition of Part L of the Building Regulations. It explains:
- the background to the changes
- the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD)
- the Regulations and approved guidance that implement the changes
- designing buildings to meet the new carbon dioxide emission targets
- new standards for work in existing buildings.
It is presented in a concise and accessible format to help you understand the major changes in the Regulations and approved documents, and get up to speed without delay. It draws upon BRE's close involvement in supporting the government work in drawing up the new regulations.