- We understand the importance of maintaining and
protecting your privacy. When you place an order for a book we need to know
certain vital information about you to process your order. This information
includes : your name, home or company address, e-mail address, delivery address,
billing address, telephone number, credit or debit card number and expiry
date. This information is given in a secure area governed by NetBanx. This
information is required to process and fulfil your order or subscription and
to notify you if necessary about the status of your order (eg if a particular
book is out of stock). Your telephone number is required so that we can contact
you quickly if necessary, for example, if there is a problem with your order.
- We ask for details of your e-mail address when you place an order. We may use your e-mail address to contact you. If we are unable to contact you by e-mail then we may contact you by any other suitable method reasonably available.
- We use the information we hold about you to monitor the use of the BREbookshop.com website and to keep records of traffic flows to the site. We may also use the information we collect to notify you about functionality changes at the service.
- We offer you the option of using a secure server when you place orders or access your account. The secure server software (SSL) ensures that all information is encrypted before it is sent to you.
- In order to fulfil our obligations under the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 we do our utmost to prevent unauthorised access to your information by following very strict procedures about the storage and disclosure of your information. To protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer ensure you sign-off when you have finished using your computer.
- We value your privacy and undertake not to sell, trade or rent your personal information, unless you have indicated, at the time of supplying such information, that you are willing for it to be so used. In this case we would only deal with reputable and trustworthy third-parties.
- BREbookshop.com may provide statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable and trustworthy third-parties, but such statistics will not include any personal information that would identify you.
- BRE works closely with other organisations and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, processing credit card payments and customer service. They are provided with personal information necessary to perform that task and may not use it for other purposes.
- As BRE continues to grow, we may buy or sell assets. Under such circumstances, customer information is generally transferred as a business asset. In the event that part or all Building Research Establishment Ltd assets are acquired, customer information will form one of the transferred assets.
- Account and other personal information will be released by BRE when we believe it is necessary to comply with law.
- By using the BREbookshop.com website you consent to the collection and use of your information as described in this policy. You should be aware that when you use links to other sites operated by third-parties you will be subject to these third-parties' privacy policies. BRE cannot be responsible for the actions of third-parties and we would advise that you read the privacy policies of third-party sites when interacting with them.
- BRE may update this policy from time to time and we advise you to check it regularly so that you are aware of any changes. We would welcome any feedback you may have on privacy. Please e-mail any comments to email@example.com.
2. Force Majeure
We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by you arising from our delay in fulfilling or failure to fulfil or otherwise discharge any of our obligations under the Contract, to the extent that such delay or failure is caused by any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
3. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
3.1 The Contract shall be governed by English law.
3.2 Both we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
4.1 Neither our failure or your failure to enforce any term of the Contract constitutes a waiver of such term. Such failure shall in no way affect the right later to enforce such term.
4.2 The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Contract shall not adversely affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
5. Defined Terms
In these terms and conditions:
"BRE Bookshop website" means our build-to-order web site for customers in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, the web address of which is http://www.brebookshop.com.
"Condition" means a condition contained in these terms and conditions;
"Contract" means these terms and conditions together with your Order;
"Consumer" means a customer who purchases Products otherwise than in the course of a business;
"Customer Order Number" means the order number issued by us to you;
"Export Laws" means all laws, regulations and orders of the United States, the European Union and the United Kingdom applicable to the export, re-export, transfer or resale of Products;
"Invoice" means the invoice issued by us to you for the price of the Products;
"Order" means an order placed by you in accordance with these terms and conditions;
"Order Confirmation" means the order confirmation issued by us to you indicating acceptance of your Order;
"Order Form" means the electronic order form on the BRE Bookshop website;
"Product" means any product listed on the BRE Bookshop website which we agree to supply to you on these terms and conditions;
"Return Authorisation Documentation" means the documentation issued by us to you for the return of Products;
"Services" means any services relating to Products (including without limitation warranty and telephone support services) that we agree to supply to you on these terms and conditions;
"Software" means any software comprised in the Products including without limitation operating systems, bundled software and stand alone software;
"Working Day" means any day other than a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday in the United Kingdom.